To substitute milk, simply replace cow's milk with soy milk, rice milk or almond milk. Try several different brands until you find one you like. Vanilla soy and rice milk tend to taste more like cow's milk than the plain varieties. Soy milk now comes in an variety of flavors including eggnog, chai and chocolate. Many egg substitutes exist. The easiest, when baking, is to substitute 1 heaping tablespoon of flour and 1 tablespoon of water for each egg. Soy flour infuses baked goods with a moist, dense texture. Other substitutes for 1 egg include 1/2 banana; 1/4 cup soy yogurt or soy sour cream; 1/4 cup of silken tofu, blended well; and 1 tablespoon of flax seeds plus 3 tablespoons of water. You can also purchase a ready-made egg replacer called Ener-G is in most health food stores.
Here is a list of basic " Vegan Substitutes" and a few of my favorite things I can't live without!
- Earth Balance- Non Diary, Vegan margarine
- Tofutti makes a great cream cheese, sour cream and ice cream in variety of flavors
- So Delicious ice creams and ice cream cookies
- Silk Yogurt in a variety of flavors
- Veganese "follow your heart" mayo and dressing replacement
- Rice Milk- Original and vanilla flavor. Chocolate Hemp and Almond is amazing too
- Agar Nectar- honey and sweetener replacement
- Meat replacements- Tofu, Seitan, Tempeh, or Textured soy protein (T.V.P)
- Yves meatless beef grounds and burgers
- Boca Burgers- Vegan original , roasted garlic or roasted onion
- Boca Chik'n Patties- original, spicy or nuggets
- Amy's Kitchen- All American burger, Bistro burger, California veggie burger, Quarter-pond veggie burger and Texas burger
Got a sweet tooth, not to worry you can have the following treats:
- Any Dark Chocolate
- Dots, Jujubees, smarties, gummy bears, skittles, Big League Chew Gum and Blow pops just to name a few.